Wednesday, April 20, 2011

9 days...

...until I leave Stockholm. I remember when I was counting down from 46 days until I arrived in Stockholm. The saying, "Time flies when you're having fun" has never had so much meaning as it does now. I've been on a rollercoaster ride of emotions this past week, trying to prepare myself to end this amazing three-month adventure. Leaving is bittersweet; the "bitter" being the fact that I will miss the people and the relationships I've made in my time here. From my GROW people, to church friends, to my coworkers, I feel lucky to have been surrounded by such fantastic people that helped Sweden become home for me. I would like to think I will see them all again some day, but I really don't know that for sure. I know I need to embrace the moments and memories I've shared here and be thankful for this opportunity, but my heart is a little heavy. Spending three months in close contact with people, building relationships and friendships, has been a gift I will treasure forever. I've learned a lot about myself and feel I have truly grown as a person, maybe even a bit more content with the woman I have become. God has shown me what He is capable of, and what I am able to accomplish when I put my faith in Him. Talk about mind-blowing! The "sweet" part of this transition is the reunion with my family and friends that I have missed dearly. The constant support, encouragement, e-mails, and skype dates with my loved ones helped me feel that I wasn't far from home at all. But I don't want to think about a world without skype! Thank goodness I was able to see my parents and some friends on a regular basis because familiar faces are priceless. As I depart Sweden, I am leaving behind a job that I've poured myself into for three months, amazing relationships, and the beginning of a sunny Swedish summer. Man, sunshine has never felt so good! But I leave with a thousand memories, a newfound appreciation for life, and the hope that Sweden and I will one day meet again.
No jacket? Most amazing day in Sweden!

Stockholm sunset.

This is beauty.

1 comment: