Thursday, January 20, 2011

Home Sweet Sodermalm

My home for the next three months is on the island of Sodermalm in Stockholm. A little geography lesson... Stockholm is located on Sweden's south-central east coast, where Lake Malaren meets the Baltic Sea. The central parts of the city consist of 14 islands that are continuous with Stockholm archipelago. The geographical city centre is situated on the water in the bay Riddarfjarden. My apartment is located on the western side of the island near a large park, Tantolunden. Apparently, the Sodermalm borough is the most populated borough in Stockholm and known as the artsy, bohemian area full of trendy shops, boutiques, and restaurants. I can't wait to discover my new home! 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds so exciting Kim!! I can't wait to see you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow me too! Sorry if I'm just barging in, have been reading blogs about people living in Stockholm/Södermalm all night to try to get some insight on how other people are getting on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are going to have a blast! Can't wait to see some pics. :)

    ReplyDelete