Sunday, February 6, 2011

A nice little Sunday

Today was my first official day exploring Stockholm. I was in hibernation for all of Saturday trying to kick a bad head cold, so I was stir-crazy by Sunday. I met up with a few of my fellow GROW friends and had a delicious lunch at a cafe around the corner from my apartment. Then we set off for Gamla Stan, which is the old town of Stockholm. The architecture is beautiful and the town dates back to the 13th century. Gamla Stan is filled with cobblestone streets and medieval alleyways, and it was so exciting to walk down the ancient paths. We saw Kungliga Slottet, which is the royal palace built in the 18th century after the previous palace burned down. After the sightseeing in the old town, I headed north on the metro to the Life Church of Stockholm. I found this church online after I searched for Christian churches in the area. It was small and cozy, but full of welcoming people. Some of the worships songs were familiar and it made me feel at home. After church I stopped by the market, for my second go at grocery shopping. It wasn't so bad this time. I even found salsa and chips! All in all, a great Sunday! The only thing missing is the Superbowl...
Me in front of the royal castle.

A peek of the German Church on Gamla Stan.

It's definitely wintertime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment