Friday, February 11, 2011

Two weeks

Well, I made it almost two weeks. That's a long time for me to go without Mexican food. I've been fighting my favorite food craving for a few days, but it got the better of me today. Since Stockholm is not exactly filled with authentic south-of-the-border cuisine, I decided to cook my own. I bought some groceries on the way home and filled my cart with the makings of a yummy taco dinner. Black beans, tortillas, avocados, ground beef, jalapenos, etc. My dinner ended up being amazing and totally hit the spot for my ethnic need. I've been out of the country for almost two weeks now, and in some ways it feels much longer. I think I've adapted somewhat of a routine this week and that feels like I'm settling in a bit. My new job is a little more comfortable and I'm remembering a few more names of co-workers each day. And today was "massage day" at work. A benefit of being a Bonnier employee at the main office is that massages are provided monthly for free. My massage was 30 minutes of bliss and was a fantastic way to end my Friday. My plan tomorrow is to visit the Vasa Museum and the Nobel Museum. There are so many things I want to do and see while I'm here! Stockholm will never be my home, but this city is quickly becoming a good friend. 
I survived my first real snow storm. I woke up this morning and peeked 
out my balcony door to take this picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment