Wednesday, March 30, 2011

When nature calls

I'm typically a planner and very organized, and I hardly ever run out of household items and necessities. But I quickly realized this morning that I was down to my last roll of toilet paper. No big deal, right. I can just go to the store. I had a crazy work day and then had a bible study in the evening, so I ran from the metro station to the ICA (grocery store) ten minutes before closing. To my delight, there was actually a sale on toilet paper, so of course I bought the two packs to save money. I love a deal! I didn't really think it through though. Back home when I stock up on bulk items like toilet paper, I can easily schlep it from my shopping cart to the car without parading down the street. Not the case in Sweden since my mode of transportation is on a train. So I paid for my good deal toilet paper and walked out of the store with a pack under each arm. I only live two blocks from the ICA and it was dark, so I figured it was all good. As I turned the corner, a group of three very good looking Swedish guys were walking toward me. Needless to say I felt a little awkward trying to juggle my necessities while still acting cool. They all kinda looked at me and laughed to each other. Sweden makes me feel ashamed to buy toilet paper. Maybe the ICA delivers? On another note, I am going to Barcelona this weekend. Spain has been at the top of my list of places to visit, so I am beyond excited. Booking this trip might be one of the most impulsive things I've ever done considering I just booked my ticket yesterday. But my motto during this adventure in my life is to seize the moments and not hold back. Ironically enough, I have a friend who will be in Barcelona the same time I will, so it seems I will have a traveling partner. I can't wait to explore the Spanish culture and eat lots of tapas!

1 comment:

  1. yeah girl! what a great story :) nothing more adventurous than walking down the streets in a foreign country with some TP under each arm.

    I am glad to hear you are taking each opportunity for adventure!

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete